Public sector nurses ended a weeklong strike on Tuesday after reaching an agreement with the Health Ministry approving their demands.More...
- Polio still threatens Middle East after Syria, Iraq cases — UN
- Qatar emir arrives in Jeddah to meet Saudi king — Al Jazeera TV
- Iraqi air strikes kill 19 around militant-held Fallujah — official
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Syrian opposition coalition dissolves interim government
Thirty-six children in Syria and two in Iraq have been paralysed by polio since October, and the risk of the virus spreading further in the Middle East remains high, UN aid agencies said on Tuesday.More...
With evidence mounting that a surface-to-air missile brought down Flight MH17 in Ukraine, experts warned Tuesday that proof remains a long way off and only satellite images can identify who pushed the button.More...
The economist behind a plan to unlock at least $380 billion worth of assets from Egypt's black market says President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi must first restore another asset that has depreciated over the years: The trust of a wary public.More...
Olympic champions Usain Bolt and Mo Farah lead a cast of the world’s leading athletes descending on Glasgow to compete in the Commonwealth Games starting in Scotland’s biggest city on Wednesday.More...
Exoskeletons helping the paralysed to walk, tiny maggot-inspired devices gnawing at brain tumours, machines working tirelessly as hospital helpers: In many respects, the future of medicine is already here.More...
- What's On