The UN World Food Programme (WFP) warned that it is running out of funds to provide food for almost 6 million Syrians receiving its life-saving assistance.More...
- Egypt targets last bastion of Muslim Brotherhood dissent
- Libya's elected parliament rejects PM's new Cabinet as oil sector takes hit
- Israel believes Syria kept 'significant' chemical munitions
- Armed Shiite rebels push into Yemen's capital
- France rules out military action in Syria, prepares Iraq strikes
Most Palestinians have known only two leaders: Yasser Arafat, the stubble-chinned firebrand fond of chequered scarves and olive fatigues, and Mahmoud Abbas, a smooth-shaven father figure who favours Western suits and ties.More...
The United States will provide $46 million in new security assistance to Ukraine’s military, but stop short of fulfilling an urgent request from Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko for lethal aid to help his country fight against Russian-backed separatists.More...
Russia approved a fragile budget on Thursday that promises to cover generous social spending and control borrowing, but relies on high oil prices and reserves to try to overcome the economic damage of Western sanctions.More...
- What's On