You are here

Bombardment in southwestern Syria kills at least six as Damascus keeps up assault-monitor

By Reuters - Jul 17,2018 - Last updated at Jul 17,2018

FILE PHOTO: Smoke rises from al-Harak town, as seen from Deraa countryside, Syria June 25, 2018 (Reuters photo)

BEIRUT- Heavy bombardment killed at least six people in a village in southwestern Syria on Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported, as the Syrian government pressed a Russian-backed offensive in the area.

UOSSM, a medical charity that operates in the area, said a barrel bomb dropped by government forces had killed more than 10 people in the village, Ain al-Tineh, most of them women and children.

Ahmad al-Dbis, UOSSM safety and security manager, said another 35 people had been wounded in the attack which he said had hit a school. The casualties had fled to the village from nearby parts of the southwest, where government forces have been waging an offensive for one month.

 

up
22 users have voted.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
8 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Newsletter

Get top stories and blog posts emailed to you each day.